Sunday, August 5, 2012

DTP awareness month- Digestive Tract Paralysis

If Blogs where written on the paper you would see a whole bunch of different starts to this post scratched out or erased.

I haven't blogged ALL WEEK and wanted to blog something.

I could blog about my dogs.
My upcoming session at the beach.
What I ate this week.
I mean, pretty much anything.

Instead, I decided to write about something that not allot of people are aware of and it effects one of my long time friends.

And truthfully. I still don't know how to start. SOOO I'm going to take a few things that my friend has posted on FaceBook.


August is DTP awareness month.

DTP is Digestive Tract Paralysis . Below is a very informative link that explains it way better then I every could. I would say my cliff notes version but it might make you sad or gross you out. Basically one can not eat and feels sick all the time and have to live my treatments since at the moment there is no cure.
http://www.g-pact.org/

Here is one of the touching things my beautiful friend have said while promoting the awareness.

"What do you wish for? A new car? A bigger house? An iPad? I long for the most basic of human needs- the ability to eat normal food and sustain life without (tube feedings, TPN). I want to know what it is like to go a day with no pain and no nausea. I'd like to be able to hang out with my friends at social events and not feel awkward by not eating."


And lastly, here is a video that was put together to show a strong woman documenting her struggles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjDTceuHVfE&sns=fb



No comments:

Post a Comment