Sunday, July 1, 2012

Favorite Food Fridays

(edit) I was so tired last night I thought I posted this sorry)

Its been crazy here this week in Florida.

LOTS of rain and LOTS of flooding

wish I could say LOTS of SLEEP but I cant. Sorry for the lack of blog post but I will make up for it next week so consider yourself warned.
The other night the nice shade tree that I park under and shade part of my apartment fall...yep fell. And you know the saying " If a tree fell in the woods would you hear it" or something like that... The answer is NO. well, unless if broke and made a loud noise.

The one in front of my apartment just fell. It didn't break, so I almost didn't even look outside.

Luckily it didn't hit my car. It was weird, where I parked and how it fell the branches went around the car. Hit and smashed my neighbors though.



Sooooo with that being said. What did I eat this week?

Mmm all kinds of goodness. What I ate allot of is what I picked for this weeks Favorite Food. Again like my baked veggies. Its sliced and green and baked and sprinkled with goodness.






UN- Fried Green Tomatoes

They are not fried. I baked them.

I used my mandolin and cut them about 1/4 inch thick
Sprinkled parmesan on the pan
placed the tomato slices and then sprinkled them again with parmesan.
baked at 400 for about 15-20 min's or until golden brown

*The parmesan acted as the crust and since its already salty I didn't add any extra.
*I wouldn't go much thicker then 1/4 inch as the cheese will burn before the tomatoes are ready
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Thanks for stopping by Kala Keene Photography blog, Gainesville, Lake City, Ocala Florida and surrounding area Wedding and Portrait photographer. Also servicing and traveling to Los Angeles, Orange County and Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment